The activities at Bab Zouina are focused on the search for human balance. Bab Zouina organises well-being & relaxation stays and essentially retreats on the following themes:
The workshops at Bab Zouina are carried out in a spirit of friendliness and respect. We generally gather in small groups (maximum 15 people) in order to enable quality teaching and good communication among the participants.
Depending on the number of participants, they are accommodated in large and beautiful guest rooms with 3 people per room (double or single rooms are available on request). An additional large room serves as a common area.
The meals are prepared with local products and fresh bread is baked daily in a traditional earth oven. The Moroccan and Berber cuisine is a delight in itself. Tagines cooked by Aisha, Fatima and Mina emit the pleasant scent of Oriental spices and make every meal a small feast and provide the therapy of healthy and tasty food. Delicious fresh juices are prepared each morning to start the day with a large glass of vitamins and energy.
The surrounding countryside provides a backdrop for beautiful walks every day. A pool is available for those who enjoy swimming. The Ourika valley is generally very sunny (300 days per year) with significant temperature variations between day and night (don’t forget your woollen pull-over, even in the Summer…). Rain is concentrated during the Winter months and the heat during the 2 months of Summer.
On an optional basis and according to interest and demand, the following side activities can be organised :
- Visit of a Berber souk (3 hours)
- Visite of ‘The Paradise of Safran’ (3 hours)
- Visit to ‘Anima’ botanic garden (3 hours)
- Yoga course (2 hours)
- Shiatsu massage (1 hour)
- Therapeutic session (reflexology, acupuncture, osteopathy) (1 hour)
- Local hammam (2 hours)
- Private music concert: Gnawa, Ahwash (Berber) or Diqqa from Marraesh (3 hours)
- Calligraphy workshop (3 hours)
- Potery workshop in Tafza village (3 hours)
- Moroccan cooking class (3 hours)
- Bread makind workshop (1 hour)
- Hiking in the Atlas mountains (1 day)
- Trekking in the Atlas mountain with guide, tents, mules (min. 3 days)
- Tour of South Morocco and the Sahara desert by 4×4 and camel (min. 4 days)